The Wilders

The Wilders

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

I drove to my home town today of Portola, CA. It is about 45 minutes away from Reno, NV but still far enough away. It was so beautiful driving up. Donner Lake has never looked so pretty! Gav said a prayer for us as we drove. It was so sweet to hear his voice as he asked the Lord to help us drive safely. The entire way up Gavin talked to me about his fishing trip with his Grandpa, and how he remembered all the things we passed. It was pretty funny being that it was only a few months ago that we had been up last. As soon as I got to my parents house they had to leave (they told me prior to me coming up). It was so nice because it was like a cabin in the woods for just the kids and I. Every window in the house is open and it just smells so fresh. They have a huge sectional for us to all sprawl out on and relax. I think tonight Gav doesn't know it yet but we are taking him to reno to do something fun for his Birthday even if it is going to Dinner and singing Happy Birthday. Oh and my Mom wants to take him shopping to find a gift he wants. The point of my blog is that there is just no place like home. Escpecially the house you grew up in. There are so many memories here and I find myself saying "Mommy used to do that", or "When I lived here these were my favorite things to do". I think the kids would love to live here but this isn't the sort of place I would like to live...only visit.

Darren couldn't make it because he had to do a side job with his Dad and also go to a football draft. He said if he didn't go he would get a bad team. I guess that is a big deal or something. LOL! I am so excited because Darren's Dad wants to go to church with him again tomorrow. I just hope he stays for the whole thing. I think it would really help. Then on Monday I am going to head back down the hill and we are going to Leatherbees with Ds parents and Grandparents for Gavs Bday and then having a BBQ at the house with a small group of us or big I am not sure on that. Im just excited to get together with all my great friends and family.

I better get back to laying on the hammock. TTFN~
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment